Topband: interconnecting cables

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:21:31 EDT 2015

I don't use many BNCs here anymore. However, we can bend the grounding
fingers on the plug out slightly using a small jeweler's screwdriver. And I
*always* put something on ALL the contact surfaces to keep them from
corroding. (That's *after* a thorough cleaning with DeoxIT D5! :-)

None of my indoor or outdoor connectors --UHF, F, phono, N, BNC-- are *ever*
assembled without some kind of compound between the contacts to prevent
corrosion. Even the audio connectors. Sometimes I follow up the cleaning
with clear DeoxIT S-Shield, and other times with a little silicone
dielectric grease.

If I forget to do that, eventually there will be a problem. Doing the above
is time and money very well spent.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com