Topband: I like 160

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Wed Apr 6 17:04:09 EDT 2016

Great idea Frank.

Thanks for passing it along.

There are other solutions to low band problems yet to be found.

Thanks,

73
Bruce-k1fz
http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/beverage_antenna.html

Ground rod problems aren't unusual, among the many excellent
alternatives is to use chicken wire laid on the ground or slightly
buried. One of my former employers built hundreds of Beverage
antennas using chicken wire ground mats laid on soils with solid
rock just a few inches below the surface.

Antenna performance was excellent as verified by detailed
pattern measurements using XELEDOP battery operated
transmitter towed several hundred feet behind and below an
airplane.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=AD0630092

73
Frank
W3LPL

My post was not really about my difficulty, but was about being
inventive with low band problems.

In Maine we  have to go down below, often, a 4 foot frost line to be
effective in winter.

Your solution looks good in warmer climates. Its always good to check
out new ideas.

Thanks for posting. Glad its working for you.

73
Bruce-k1fz