Topband: K1FZ ground rod difficulty

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Apr 6 18:32:19 EDT 2016

Rob Sherwood published on this in Ham Radio in the '70s. I included his
ideas) with credit, of course, in my tutorial piece on "Getting On
160M," which is really a summary of other peoples' good work on antennas
and radials/counterpoise systems.  http://k9yc.com/160MPacificon.pdf Rob
had a small strip of exposed earth between a driveway and his house, and
laid a strip of galvanized welded fencing to serve as a counterpoise. He
says he worked JA with it (from CO).

I guested at PJ4A several years ago and helped string one of the
Beverages. The soil is hard rock (volcanic?) so the termination was a
few 25 ft pieces of wire laying on the ground. It worked.

73, Jim K9YC