Topband: Fwd: Demo of the value of one dB and the cost of sending too fast

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 26 11:27:11 EST 2016

I am with Bob 100%.  Particularly on Top Band, I want to hear that 1db
better.  A lot of what
we pursue on receive is to squeeze a little bit better copy, a separate
receive antenna to hear above the noise level and using APF on CW for
instance.  I will be trying the Logikit SCAF-1 audio filter on CW audio.
   I am using an Elecraft K3 and has great RF DSP but hopefully I can
gain a another slight edge with the SCAF-1, I hear great reports about
using it.
Count me in to the wants 1DB better receive camp.........

73,
Bob
K6UJ