Topband: Demo of the value of one dB and the cost of sending too fast

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 09:24:37 EST 2016

Hi Jim,

I think I wasn't really clear about that. I agree that each decibel
matters. It matters for transmit AND for receive. Now *that* is clear:)
The maximum power I have available to try and radiate is around about
100 watts. My QRP transmitter for top band is a Johnson Ranger at about
30 or so watts output. I need to get as much of that as possible
radiated. I'm QRT on 160 and 80 meters until after frost so I can
revitalize my antenna. It is down by way more than 1 decibel!

73,

Bill  KU8H