Topband: New Noise

John Kaufmann john.kaufmann at verizon.net
Sun Jan 3 09:43:47 EST 2016

A relatively new source of RF noise is solar panel installations.  These are
becoming more widespread and I'm now hearing multiple reports of solar panel
noise from other hams in my area.  The culprit seems to be the power
inverters that use high speed switching circuits and radiate through the
wiring.  I'm dealing with such a problem right now from a new installation
at a neighbor's house.  Fortunately the neighbor is very cooperative and we
are working with the installer (Solar City) to try to fix the problem.

My QTH used to be very quiet but no more.  Good luck.

73, John W1FV