Topband: Stew Beef

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Jan 3 14:01:37 EST 2016

I guess one point that needs to be kept in mind - if you add up the
contests that have an impact to normal DX operation - it probably is about
10 nights a year.

In some of these contests - I have worked DX countries that are not active
outside of contests - or have worked new ones in the preparations leading
up to the contests.

That leaves something like 355 nights a year with no contests.   I
understand some people don't like them and they turn off their radio - but
if you look at the overall activity level during a contest and compare it
to outside of contest - there are many more people "enjoying" the band
during those 10 or so nights.

Good discussion - but let's keep the numbers in mind.

Tree N6TR