Topband: [Bulk] placement oc coil

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 8 19:32:57 EST 2016

Rudy N6LF has covered the top loading issues pretty thoroughly, see
http://rudys.typepad.com/files/qex-short-verticals-for-160m.pdf
Bottom line IMO: install as many top loading wires as you can as
horizontal as possible and then consider a loading coil.

I had eight 6' spokes of 3/8 Al tubing and a perimeter wire to resonate
40' of 3" irrigation pipe on 80m w/o any coils.  Worked great on my
barn's steel roof.

Grant KZ1W