Topband: K5P signal strength

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jan 15 12:48:38 EST 2016

On Fri,1/15/2016 6:20 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
> Before I tear my antenna apart I hope my problem was that their RX
> antenna for 160 has a deep null in my direction.

Herb,

My 160M antennas are comparable to yours. There are MANY times over the
years when you've been more than 10 dB above my noise but you couldn't
hear repeated calls with my 1,500W amp turned on.

A post on one of the DX sites noted that they have been surprised by the
level of equatorial QRN. Perhaps that could be part of the problem.

73, Jim K9YC