Topband: K5P good job !

Don Lynch w4zyt.don at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:11:38 EST 2016

Pleasantly surprised to be able to snag K5P on 160 meters this morning.
Conditions were marginal but improving when I worked him.  QSO confirmed on
Club Log within 2 hours.  What a super operation!

The operator was K9CT - a superb operator with excellent ears.

Vy 73,

Don W4ZYT
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Tree <tree at kkn.net> wrote:

> I'll say a little about this subject - and then hope we can just focus on
> K5P and VP8STI posts.
>
> 1. I will continue to try and not approve each and every post.  It slows
> things way down.
>
> 2. I ask everyone to be a bit more selective in what they post.  Compose
> your message - does it really move the discussion forward - or is it just a
> me too post.  Is it really relevant to Topband?
>
> 3. Remove anything that suggests someone is wrong.  Try to frame it in a
> more positive way.  "You are wrong" doesn't work so well.  "Here is what I
> think and my experience" works so much better.
>
> 4. There are always a small number of people who cause problems - both on
> the air and here on the list.  Probably the people causing the issues on
> the air are not reading this list.
>
> 5. If you ever aren't sure if a posting is appropriate - or if you see one
> that you don't think is appropriate - then you can contact me.
>
> 6. W8JI doesn't make or break this reflector.  He is a great resource - and
> I am sorry that things got under his skin.
>
> 7. There is nothing wrong with only looking at posts with a web browser or
> getting the digest version.  If you feel you need to read each message
> right when it comes out - and respond to them right away - you might
> re-think your priorities.
>
> THANKS!
>
> Tree N6TR/XE1
> Guadalaraja, Mexico
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Chortek, Robert L. <
> Robert.Chortek at berliner.com> wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, I would be in favor of a little less tolerance of
> bad
> > behavior. I'm talking about folks who repeatedly make personal attacks.
> > There is a point at which it should not be tolerated. If folks can't
> behave
> > like "gentlemen" on the Gentlemen's Band Reflector" they should be
> banned.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Bob/AA6VB

Don Lynch MD W4ZYT - EI2IM, 5Z4ZK
Virginia Beach, Virginia
ARRL - IRTS - ARSK - Virginia DXCC - PVRC
FOC 1700  -  RNARS 4473  -  FISTS 3381  -  CWOPS 55
w4zyt.don at gmail.com
==
Donald F. Lynch, Jr., MD, FACS
Emeritus Professor of Urology