Topband: South Sandwich previous activity

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 24 08:26:10 EST 2016

HA0DU:

As far as I heard from other DXers in Europe, out of the four previous
operations (LU3ZY, VP8HF/VP8, VP8SSI, VP8THU), only VP8SSI was active
on 160, but probably not worked a lot of stations. VP8THU was not
active on either 80 or 160.

I believe VP8SSI made a few contacts with local SA stations before the
BCS failed.  If I recall correctly, Bob KJ9I (one of the ops) said
none were with NA.  Perhaps Bob will chime in.  The VP8STI crew has
done an excellent job on Topband compared to previous expeditions.

73,  Bill  W4ZV