Topband: Am I the only one in step?

Don Beattie don at g3bj.com
Fri Mar 4 03:25:00 EST 2016

Don,

The use of that spectrum by others has reduced very significantly. I cannot
say that there are no other users, but it's not like it used to be when the
current spectrum allocations were originally agreed.

That is the reason that IARU raised the matter as a potential agenda item
for WRC 19.

If you look at the detail of the allocations, some countries are observing
the power levels implicit in the ITU schedules, whilst others are not.

There may, therefore, be some scope for national agreements to improve the
situation.

73

Don, G3BJ / G5W