Topband: Low band antenna project questions

NC3Z Gary nc3z at outlook.com
Mon Mar 7 15:37:22 EST 2016

OK, this has me intrigued. So the T top would look like this if looking
straight up (or straight down) with the vertical portion at the xx?

x    x
x    x
x    x
x    x
  x  x
   xx
  x  x
x    x
x    x
x    x
x    x

My 160M dipole is actually a 160/80M fan and resonates well on both
bands, I did not think I could do that with a T top. That would solve
issues.

Would a cage of vertical wires be better than if I could use 2.5 to 1.5"
aluminum masting?

Luckily in our rural local club we have 2 hams that sell some neat
products, one is the Air-boss launcher and the other is the Antenna
Tensioner. The tensioner has proven its self here in the eastern NC
winds. And being a boating area I have several West Marine stores nearby.

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15