Topband: Untoward comments on 160

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:45:09 EDT 2016

>Amazes me; it takes years to accumulate enough skill and equipment to
>get on the air with a good signal, especially on 160 and then become
>a participant in the opposite mentality of what the sport is all
>about.

You are around 35 years out of date.  It was harder to get on 160 in
the days of the phony "all-band" rigs that covered 10 to 80 meters but
now that every plastic box had a button on it for 160 and you can get
a solid state plastic box amplifier that automatically switches bands
and tunes up and you can go buy a dipole that is cut for 160, getting
on 160 is about like getting on CB.

73

Rob
K5UJ