Topband: Activity today

David Raymond daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Mon Mar 14 13:10:24 EDT 2016

Topbanders. . . while the band has seemed to be in the doldrums there was some nice activity on the band today.  5J0P and T32CO were QRV.  They seemed to be hearing well as I was able to work them both with 100 watts.  However, the big surprise of the morning to finding Eugene, RA0FF, CQing with a 559 signal with no takers.  He answered my call running a KW immediately.  He peaked an honest S6 near my SR.  Robert, DU7ET, was also QRV as was Ross, 9M2AX.  Both were too weak to call but partially copyable for moments.  Cocos-Keeling and Heard will both be big challenges from here in Iowa.

73. . .Dave, W0FLS