Topband: question

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Wed Nov 2 20:10:17 EDT 2016

Hello Luis,

The BOG wire is not the gauge of the wire, but the impedance. Many
transformer  suppliers are using 150 ohms.

BOG antennas react with the earth it rest (sits) upon. The BOG length
to get a good pattern varies a lot with the local earth.
It is basically a one band antenna, although you may be able to hear
signals on other bands.

The transformers can be wound for the coax cable impedance that you specify.

My opinion , recommend that you only try one BOG antenna, after you
solve the problems to find the right length to get a good front to
back, Then attempt to add more BOG antennas.

73
Bruce-k1fz
http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/index.html

       I have several questions, I am interested in setting up antennas
reception BOG in a key antenna RCS-10, I would like to put in the same key
6 BOG's and 2 Beverages I already own, each Beverage is also 0 degrees to
600 feet that look about the USA and Europe at 45 degrees to 700 feet.

I would like that the BOG's were cut and functioned for 40-80-160 between
Good and Very Good was excellent for the 3 bands that is almost impossible.

They can be placed in the same Swiche all antennas?

As it would be better to feed them with 59 or RG6 RG?

The cable from the key to the radius is 40 meters RG 59 or better RG6?

I know that each antenna must place a ground rod, I can make a copper tube
1.50 meters?

I use Bafles duplex wire gauge 20 or 22 that is right or should be thicker?

How far should I place each transformer to not interact or be fed antennas
key interaction is reduced?

For now these are the questions that I have to do.

Thank you very much and I look forward to the answers.

Sincerely

HK6P

LUIS

PD was experimentacion but if anyone knows more and can save money by not
consult those who know