Topband: RBOG - wire fence

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 23 16:10:50 EST 2016

My experience with a 600' regular Bev 6' over a 5 wire barb wire fence
was not good.  Modeling also showed it had little directivity.  A
solution in the modeling was to insulate all wires every 150',
segmenting it into 4 x 150' fences.  Wires beyond the Bev ends could be
continuous any length.  Modeled but never built, since I sold the
ranch.  I suspect a BOG would be at least as sensitive to adjacent
conductors.  Perhaps 75' segments would work as a SWAG.

Some rodents seem to enjoy nibbling on various coaxs.  It depends.
Another choice than PVC is 1" flexible well pipe, available in long rolls.

Grant KZ1W