Topband: RBOG - wire fence

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 09:50:50 EST 2016

"The other question is the susceptibility of the quad shielded RG6 coax cable

running on the ground to the shack - do rodents etc like to feed on coax?"

My experience is that critters love chewing on coax laid on the ground. I use hardline where possible which seems to be almost but not completely immune, and flooded RG6 elsewhere. The RG6 gets chewed constantly, but it is only occasionally that the chewing shorts inner to outer or breaks the cable. Nevertheless, it is a significant maintenance item.

73 Roger
VE3ZI