Topband: 160 meter starter antennas

K9RT at aol.com K9RT at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 12:54:21 EDT 2016

My starter antenna for topband is still the only transmit antenna I have
for 160. About 100' sloper off the top of a 40' tower with the distant end
about  8' off the ground supported from a tree.

Of course a tuner is used and don't know what the effective radiaited power
 is, but I have managed to work 185 so far on 160. The listening side was
enhanced several years ago with a K9AY loop which doesn't take too much room
and  brings the weak signals out of the noise better than the sloper most
of the  time.

Good luck in the pileups as the new season is opening!!!!

Dick K9RT

In a message dated 9/22/2016 11:48:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,