Topband: RX / TX antenna switching

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:25:14 EDT 2016

The RF Sense MFJ type of switch box are cheap but do have limitations.
The DX-Engineering  RTR-1 is a bit more money but is considerably more
user friendly with some added features like being able to check the RX
antenna vs the TX antenna either with a momentary toggle switch or with
the same switch in the up position which immediately reverts back to the
TX antenna for RX.  I have two RTR-1's in the shack and they are well
Engineered for the discerning low band DX-er with status lights and
front panel control in a box in front of you. It also has the PTT safety
lock out feature.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ