Topband: Solar Flare

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:27:06 EDT 2017

Those power and telegraph lines were MANY hundreds of miles long, and
likely thousands of miles long.

I seriously doubt whether even the severest of solar storms --not even the
famed Carrington Event-- would damage anybody's 160m antenna systems
anywhere on earth. Not even a 1000'+ Beverage.

My antenna disconnects are for thunderstorms. I wouldn't bother to unplug
my 580' Beverages, even if there was a brilliant aurora dancing overhead.
They are protected by 90V GDTs, but I doubt if they would even fire.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com