Topband: Eclipse propagation change

Greg Zenger n2gz at gregzenger.com
Thu Aug 17 20:58:52 EDT 2017

The Ham Radio Science Citizen Investigation group, HamSCI, has organized a
QSO party to encourage contacts during the eclipse. Many skimmers are being
reconfigured to have [RespotInterval]=0 during the event to maximize data
collected by the network for scientific evaluation. Therefore, its really
should not be necessary to QSY to get more out of the RBN.

I recommend you take a look at the information over at HamSCI.org and adopt
an operating posture that is compatible with the QSO party and the HamSCI
Eclipse Project.  The rules are setup to encourage operation on all bands,
so expect some other activity on topband before, during, and after the
eclipse transit.

Everyone is encouraged to participate in the QSO party. If you wont be at
your radio for the event, you can still configure your radio as an RBN node
or make I/Q audio recordings and contribute to the effort as a receiving
station. Guides are available at HamSCI.org to assist you with setting up
(or reconfiguring) an RBN node.

Greg, N2GZ