Topband: Best 160 antenna

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 15:11:15 EDT 2017

The importance of a ferrite choke balun at the feedpoint cannot be
overemphasized. A good design for 160m is 5 or 6 turns of coax wound
through five stacked 2.4" 31-material ferrite toroids. Photos and details
on my web pages referenced earlier.

I had two elevated radials. It is a well-established fact that four 10' or
12' high 1/4 wave radials are as good as 120 on the ground.

73 Mike
www.w0btu.com