Topband: underground cables question

Lloyd - N9LB lloydberg at charter.net
Thu Oct 5 09:13:22 EDT 2017

I have PVC conduits under my yard because the cables to the towers travel
under landscaping and I am not able to dig things up to change or add
cables.  I have placed a length of half inch hose in each conduit with one
end at the lowest point in each conduit.  The other end of each hose comes
up to the surface along with the coax lines and control cables at the base
of each tower.   I use a "Wet/Dry" rated shop vacuum to pull the collected
water from the conduits via the hoses a couple times a year - and always
each fall before the ground freezes.  This technique has been working well
for me for 19 years.

73

Lloyd - N9LB