Topband: underground cables question

N2TK, Tony tony.kaz at verizon.net
Thu Oct 5 16:30:56 EDT 2017

Hi Jeff,
I have been using Commscope F660BEF flooded RG6 for years. I direct bury it.
It has a PE jacket. It is used for all receive antenna feedlines. Also use
it on 80M. Crimp on F-connectors is the way to go. If you do it right it is
very difficult to pull off the connector. Wedge it I a vise and try to pull
out the coax.

In regards to direct bury, I dug a trench about a foot deep. Lines with
about 4" of sand. Laid in the cables then covered to the surface with sand.
The grass grew over it. I have had to add a cable a number of years ago. It
was fairly easy to open up the trench, remove enough sand, lay down another
cable and recover with sand. So far 25 years in the ground. I buried RG6,
Buryflex, 7/8" hardline,  9913 and control cables.

73,
N2TK, Tony