Topband: FT8

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Oct 25 10:43:18 EDT 2017

Why do you care how I get DXCC?  It is my award.  I am not competing
against you for DXCC.  I can choose to include or exclude any contact I
want for DXCC.  These awards are individual.  The only reason people
whine about these other modes as it lets more people into the honor
roll  which is a good thing for the ARRL who is in the business of
selling awards.

I have never figured out why my contacts made with FT8, JT65, RTTY or
whatever mode should not count but every contact made by some guy using
5kw or more is no problem or people using remote xmitters and receivers.

There is nothing pure about DXCC.  Never was never will.