Topband: OH0Z to W/VE 160m season 2017-18

Jukka Sirviö jukka.sirvio at luukku.com
Wed Apr 4 16:24:51 EDT 2018

There were quite a few good openings this season. We took down our E/W slopers just before CQWW CW and replaced them with 2 top loaded phased verticals (vertical height about 30m). The new antenna seemed to work as expected by simulations and showed up to be clearly better on low angle conditions. A few East Coast stations also worked us with very low power (like 5 or 10 watts) for a 2nd or 3rd QSO.

73 Jukka OH6DD

OH0Z 160m W/VE summary:

911 QSOs, 623 unique calls (574 USA, 49 VE)

Zone 5: 380 unique calls
Zone 4: 209
Zone 3: 34

1st QSO: Nov 6 2017
Last QSO: Feb 13 2018

ZONE 5
NY 53 unique calls
PA 42
VA 35
MA 34
FL 30
MD 29
NC 25
NH 23
GA 18
NJ 17
CT 16
ME 13
SC 7
WV 6
RI 5
VT 4
DE 3

QC 7
NB 6
NS 4
PE 2
NF 1

ZONE 4
OH 29 unique calls
MI 21
IL 16
TX 14
TN 13
WI 13
MO 12
IN 9
KY 9
CO 8
MN 8
IA 6
AL 5
OK 4
MS 4
LA 4
AR 3
NM 3
MT 1

ON 23
SK 2
AB 2

ZONE 3
AZ 12 unique calls
WA 7
OR 5
CA 3
UT 3
ID 1
NV 1

BC 2

US states not worked: HI (KH7XS hrd), AK, WY, ND, SD, NE, KS.