Topband: 3B7A

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Tue Apr 10 16:35:36 EDT 2018

Probably true. I'm using HI-Z circle 8 &
triangular arrays and mixing them with a
NCC-2 to try and deal with local RFI but
on 160 I can hear pretty well. They
haven't heard me yet on 160 and I was
trying to keep away from everyone else's
signals. with my seaside location you'd
think I wouldn't have much of an issue but
things aren't always what we expect.

I did manage to snag them on 80 & 40
making it to #331 in the current count so
mission accomplished but I do want them
most on 160.

Considering I am using wire verticals for
all my antennas (Inv-L on 80 & sloper on
160), I don't have a lot to worm in with
on the upper bands.

OTOH, I haven't heard a peep from Chap at
A5A at all this go around & after 39 years
have only heard an A5 on two days & they
didn't hear me.

Let's see how tonight fares.

Good luck to us all.

73,