Topband: 80/160?

k8gg at voyager.net k8gg at voyager.net
Wed Apr 18 20:58:00 EDT 2018

Jim, et. al.,

One can also use a spring loaded wide spaced solenoid contactor to get
more voltage gap if switching to the 80 meter position.

One of the problems is building a 1500 watt tuned tank coil for 80 meters
to go from 50 ohms up to 2 KV or more at the feed point that is switched
in for 80 and out for 160.

In my opinion, it is just easier to not switch anything and put a trap in
line.

73 & GL,

George,  K8GG