Topband: making a bev seem longer

Ron Spencer ron.e.spencer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:49:36 EDT 2018

Taking the chance to show my ignorance :)

Here is my thinking. While adding cores along the length of a beverage may
make it appear electrically longer, how can that help its performance?

I'd think that the true mechanical length is what matters. Each inch/ foot/
meter of the wire is what "gathers" the signal. A 300' (actual length) will
gather more signal than a 200' beverage. Making it look electrically longer
won't change this will it?

Same as a 100' tall tower will be a better transmitting antenna than a 43'
one.

Good DX

Ron
N4XD