Topband: Top band sloper resonance

Tom Boucher tomg3olb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:50:48 EDT 2018

Gary KA1J,
It struck me that maybe you originally cut your sloper a little longer so you could match it with a simple capacitor.
My inverted L is resonant on its own, somewhere down in the 1.750 region. It’s effectively matched to 50 ohms by an L network but the series inductance part of the network is made by lengthening the antenna a little. I have a parallel high voltage ceramic capacitor from the feed point to radials.
I can’t check the actual values because I’m currently on vacation in W4 land.
73,
Tom
G3OLB

Sent from my iPhone