Topband: Waller Flag

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Sat Dec 15 17:22:53 EST 2018

Stan,

Without crunching through the numbers, it seems obvious that you will have
to have a significant signal loss to overcome due to the low antenna gain at
the input of a  preamp.
With -79 dB of gain from a Waller Flag,  the input to your preamp will be
far below -174 dBm.   If it were even possible, the input noise to your
preamp would be less than  -185 dBm.

Jim - KR9U