Topband: 160 Antenna

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:23:50 EST 2018

When I was a newlywed in 1975 and lived in a downstairs apartment of a two
story house, I put up a quarterwave wire that started at ground level,
never got over 20 feet high, zig zagged around the yard from tree to tree.
I think I drove in a short piece of aluminum tubing for a ground
connection.  Drake T-4XB and R-4B, about 150 watts.  One magical night
around this time of year, the band opened up and I worked several Europeans
who were all over S9 on the meter.   You never know.

Stan, K5GO