Topband: Boring Report - N6TR

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon Dec 17 14:07:04 EST 2018

Last night was a pretty decent evening with good propagation into most
parts of Europe.  Managed a QSO with F5IN - first time in many years.

This morning - RA4LW checked in with a good signal - but no other Europeans
were worked.  I have worked at least one European about half of the
mornings during the past 10 days.

Was listening to Ross, 9M2AX who was CQing for awhile.  His signal was
pretty much just a faint whisper about 10 minutes before sunrise - but his
signal peaked up to 559 just a few minutes before sunrise.  It peaked for
maybe a few minutes and then disappeared.  I haven't heard this distinct of
a peak since I worked Oli, W6NV, at ZD7.  Seems like this peak happens more
with signals that come from non-polar paths from a great distance.  The
first time I really noticed it was from ZS4TX back in the 90's.

The band is in great shape!!

Tree N6TR