Topband: Band Report

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:53:49 EST 2018

As a followup to my previous post about great band conditions early Monday
morning, the band this morning (Tuesday) was back to its typical self if
not a little worse from here in the Midwest USA.  European stations peaking
25 dB above my noise floor early Monday morning were lucky to be peaking 5
dB above my noise floor this morning (which is much more the norm).  I
would call what we experienced Sunday night / Monday morning one of those
rare special days (magic days).  I sometimes notice a day each side of the
magic days where propagation is a little better than normal, but this
morning was not one of them here in the Midwest.  What Sunday night /
Monday morning shows is that you must check the band everyday or you have a
great chance of missing one of those very special moments where the band is
red hot.

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)