Topband: choke/bleeder resistor on RXvertical?

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Thu Dec 20 08:15:46 EST 2018

Noise is signal spread over a large bandwidth,  We tune our receivers to a
frequency to copy signals in a relatively narrow bandwidth.  Nevertheless, there
is some of that noise in that same bandwidth.  How does placing a resistor or
choke to ground reduce the noise while not reducing the signal at the same time?

Wes  N7WS