Topband: choke/bleeder resistor on RXvertical?

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:20:19 EST 2018

I put resistors (always 100k or more) across EVERY feedline - at the antenna. I keep a chart of what antenna has which value resistor.
Two reasons for the chart.. if the resistor changes value, I can find it quickly. IF I drop a coax into a couple others, I can quickly determine which antenna is connected with which feeder. The resistors are all under 2 watt. Since I generally run qrp, the summertime "missing" resistor, leads me to believe "there went another strike".. and the discolored ones, make me believe that even at 2 watts, the wind static has power.

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy

"Actions speak louder than words"