Topband: FT8 - How it really works

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 16:17:37 EST 2018

I think I understand much of what you are saying, but I know that I was on 160 meter FT=8 two nights ago with the speaker up fairly loud. I only heard noise. I set the AGC off and adjusted the RF gain so that it did not overload. Still no hint of any signals, but I decoded two stations!

Just sayin’.

Chuck W5PR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10