Topband: My beverage only hears static?

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Sat Jan 13 14:50:34 EST 2018

Hello All,
    I may not have seen all of the posts on this topic but will comment anyway.
   Two things come to mind about this noise. Number one is you do not want to connect the shield of the coax going to the receiver to the ground stake for the antenna. It's important that the transformer you use has an isolated winding for the output to the cable leading to the shack. The other comment is you may have some local  arcing or digital noise that the Tx antenna does not hear. The best clue to checking for this is to use the AM mode on your receiver and listen for the characteristic hum from a power line or switching supply.
   Good Luck
Lee   K7TJR  OR