Topband: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Loss in CCS conductors at low freqs (was Voltage Breakdown For Enameled Wire)

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Mon Jan 29 22:19:10 EST 2018

My guess is also the steel wires, which have very poor conductivity at
HF compared to copper.  Aluminum fence wire is also not a good choice
and would likely literally dissolve if buried, depending on soil
characteristics.  I use army surface field phone wire, which is a mix of
copper and steel strands, both wires in parallel for each radial.  The
insulation makes zero electrical difference with buried radials but
should preserve the wire for many years.  About $60.00 for 2km on Ebay
including shipping.