Topband: No 160m Sunrise Peak

Larry pacer99 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 13:02:45 EST 2018

Yes there is most certainly a peak at sunrise most days.

You can monitor the RBN and see your signal strength at specific locations. I do that from Arizona with Japan RBN stations.

During this last contest,  second day produced a great pre-sunrise opening to western Europe. 40 EU logged in the hour. Some G stations peaking S9 plus at their sunrise.

In my many years of 160 activity I have made about 10 true LP contacts. All have been between 10 minutes before sunrise to 10 minutes after. My last zone was a contact with EY8MM at exactly sunrise.

There are reasons for this kind of opening but would take someone smarter than me to explain it.

73,
Larry
N7DD

Sent by Larry