Topband: Summer, but 160 ain't dead

Phil Duff na4m at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 14 12:48:08 EDT 2018

> On Jul 14, 2018, at 11:31 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:
>
> I was decoded at VP8EME last night and the DP0 in Antarctica.  No contacts but good decodes.

In the last couple weeks here in central Texas VP8EME has been on 160m FT8 with a decodable/workable FT8 signal most evenings that I happened to be on.  Even decoded him sending a report to a DL one evening.

Expeditions planning 160m capabilities should seriously consider including160m FT8 to their modes of operation to increase their 160m footprint.

73 Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net