Topband: Power / Control cable

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jul 16 14:12:10 EDT 2018

If you don't need twisted pair for the signaling lines, look at multi-
wire sprinkler cables.  The big box stores list them in 18/4, 18/5,
18/7, and 18/10 in 500 ft rolls.  Should be available from the sprinkler
supply houses in 1000' spools.  Sprinkler cable may be a bit more rugged
than CAT5 (#18 vs. #24) ...

OTOH the big box stores seem to be more expensive (18/5 x 500' @ $155)
than places like Cable Wholesale (1000' gel filled direct burial
*copper* CAT5e @ $110).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV