Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Sun Jun 10 10:28:11 EDT 2018

The MFJ259 is a fine box but when you get to 80m with anything near a BC
it's going to be problems.  In fact I discovered the hard way that even
up on 20m the box can read funky if your antenna is big enough or high
enough.  I have a Rig Expert now as well and really love that thing -
plus it's apparently immune to the local BC stations.  Not quite as
capable as a VNA but has OSL cal, runs forever on battery and does stuff
like stub tuning as you are trying here.  Don't think I have used the
'259 since i bought the RE last fall.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com