Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jun 10 13:27:32 EDT 2018

Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 22:28:11 +0800
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com>
To: topband at contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square

<The MFJ259 is a fine box but when you get to 80m with anything near a BC
it's going to be problems.? In fact I discovered the hard way that even
up on 20m the box can read funky if your antenna is big enough or high
enough.? I have a Rig Expert now as well and really love that thing -
plus it's apparently immune to the local BC stations.? Not quite as
capable as a VNA but has OSL cal, runs forever on battery and does stuff
like stub tuning as you are trying here.? Don't think I have used the
'259 since i bought the RE last fall.

73/jeff/ac0c

## Seems to me  MFJ  supplied a HP filter when using the MFJ-259B,  to kill
anything <  1.8  mhz.

Jim  VE7RF