Topband: Straws in the Wind ....A 160m Dx'ing Sea Change is Upon us!

Lee. KX4TT kx4tt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 13:56:29 EDT 2018

No, That would not be useful, but a bunch of canned messages that resemble grid square numbers would be useful, especially when locations are preplanned. Look at all the Q Codes associated with a SOS, and you'll get some ideas.

Ex. Exchange

AA4FL KX4TT QTCC   (locations are preplanned so AA4FL knows where I am)(Second C means Critical)
KX4TT AA4FL QRV
AA4FL F8S6 (8 fatalities, 6 serious injuries) / AA4FL S3M0 (3 serious, 10 or more minor)
KX4TT QTC (any more?)
AA4FL NIL
KX4TT RF8S6T (Received info, t can mean anything for transport available to time-wait for instructions)

2nd example
AA4FL KX4TT QTC   (locations are preplanned so AA4FL knows where I am)
KX4TT AA4FL QRV
AA4FL S3M0 (3 serious, 10 or more minor)
KX4TT NRM (TOTAL MINOR ?)
AA4FL M27
KX4TT R T15 (Received info, T can mean - will reply in 15 or transport should be there in 15)

73 es GUD DX de Lee KX4TT