Topband: Condx on 160

Mark K3MSB mark.k3msb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:21:27 EST 2018

I‘m about 160 miles NE of Jim WS6X and was on last night at the same time
as he was.

Like Jim, I had no problems working R3LA or LZ1PM.    LZ1PM Was holding
court for a long time last night!      I barely had a QSO with Roger G3YRO,
and I was just about to give up when he got my call right.   Usually I have
no problem working him.

F6ARC Was nothing more than a whisper at my place, and after a few times I
moved on down the dial.

I heard one or two other stations from England but was unable to work them.

I concur with Jim’s comment that propagation into eastern EU wasn’t bad but
not as good into western EU.

Running a KW into my INV-L,  and my RX antenna is a HI-Z 3.

I noted 3V8 was on the air last night…..  unfortunately, I noticed it this
morning……   maybe tonight!

73 Mark K3MSB