Topband: 40m array as RX antenna

Jamie WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Wed Nov 14 14:10:23 EST 2018

I'm plagued with local noise, I live in a sub division, and have a small loet (80x180), 2 yrs ago, I tried a reversible EWE and had pretty good sucess with it, last year I tried a HI-Z 3L, and wasnt really any better than the EWE. I put the EWE up again this season, and its so-so, but have discovered that my 2 ele 40m phased verticals work great as a RC antenna.....there is literraly no noise on this.....signal are weak, but as this noise is S0, I can hear just about everything (OK I couldnt hear the FR last night but I heard a bunch of EU calling him)......wondering why the noise is so lowoh this array compared to my other antennas, and if thats a clue as to what may be wrong (if anything) with the others.....my 160 inv l is S9 noise level, and my EWE is about S3.....