Topband: K9AY loop -- adding additional radials?

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Wed Nov 14 22:13:49 EST 2018

Pete and all:

A couple years after the original article, I began recommending adding 4 or 8 radials if the ground rod alone did not provide a good pattern. The radials need to extend a bit beyond the loop wires' footprint. 21 ft should be OK.

My own loops have always worked with just a ground rod, first in Georgia red clay, then here in the midwest black dirt. Also, with just one null, in one direction, it may take a while to be sure how your loop is working.

Gary K9AY
www.aytechnologies.com