Topband: 160m Condx

Peter Bertini radioconnection at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:08:33 EST 2018

Regarding 10 kHz harmonics from BCB stations... last year I was using my
HQ-140 receiver for casual SW and ham monitoring at my computer desk.  With
a full size 160 meter the Hammarlund overloaded to the point where I was
hearing an IMD beatnote at every 10 kHz spot on the band. Fortunately, I
have yet to hear any harmonics from the local stations.

I resorted to using a MFJ preselector to clean it up.  Now I am using my
JRC-515 and that problem is gone, but I miss the warm tubes.

Pete  k1zjh